Washington University of St. Louis Ultrasound Technician - OB/GYN - 49715 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ob/Gyn. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position performs non-clinical ultrasound examinations for research studies, while coordinating study enrollment and follow up.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all ultrasounds for study visits according to Investigator protocols.
- Maintains documentation as required including patient files and completes visit documentation needed for procedures/processes.
- Approaches potential study participants and completes the informed consent process.
- Collects clinical data from study participants, medical records, interviews, questionnaires, diagnostic tests, and other sources under clinical research and clinical trial protocols.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Confirms compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; ensures reporting of adverse events and protocol deviations.
- Prepares for or participates in quality assurance audits conducted by study sponsors, federal agencies, or specially designated review groups.
- Facilitates communication between the site and study sponsor, and/or regulators; exhibits teamwork skills necessary for managing the data collection and reporting process.
- Performs phlebotomy and injections when required.
- Assists with maintaining supplies and equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification and registered or registry eligible status (A.R.D.M.S.) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with some experience in collecting data from medical records and entering it into case report forms and/or databases.
- Some experience in ultrasound.
- Working knowledge of ultrasound equipment and procedures.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
The hiring range for this position is $27.15 - $42.08 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
*JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS: *Normal ultrasound department environment with exposure to bodily fluids, chemicals, and electrical hazards; may lift, position, push and/ or transfer patients at times and have some pressure caused by adherence to patient examination schedules.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Ultrasound Technician - OB/GYN - 49715
Job ID: 49715
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time