Washington University of St. Louis Trainer DCM - Comparative Medicine - 48629 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Division of Comparative Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for providing education to principal investigators and staff to fulfill federally mandated requirement for training in use of animal in biomedical research. The individual will conduct hands-on and didactic training in handling and techniques of using rodents and will develop and revise training materials as needed for current practices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instructs weekly animal rodent wet labs for research personnel and veterinary technical staff. Provides hands-on and didactic training to personnel including train-the-trainer programs and training components of mandated corrective action plans.
- Documents training and validates proficiency in hands-on techniques and procedures. Maintains databases to document training activities, inspection locations, and site initiation visits.
- Serves as a liaison with trainers in other departments to harmonize training materials and activities and participates in training committee.
- Assists investigators with specialized training outside the scope of the wet labs as needed and conducts additional compliance training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Laboratory, research, training or comparable experience.
- AALAS certification at the LAT level or eligible for exam within two years.
- Ability to work safely with rodent species on approved IACUC protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively accumulate and organize data for reporting.
- Ability to effectively work with a variety of individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to resolve adverse situations with a firm but diplomatic manner.
- Online learning management program data entry and reporting experience.
The hiring range for this position is $19.57 - $26.41 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Trainer DCM - Comparative Medicine - 48629
Job ID: 48629
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time