Washington University of St. Louis Technician, Radiation Quality Assurance (PRN) - Radiation Oncology Physics Division - 41043 in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis. Position hours are generally during the evening.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Radiation Oncology Physics Division. The position is located at the Center for Advanced Medicine on the Medical School Campus. May include work at our satellites including: Barnes Jewish West County, Barnes Jewish South County, Christian North East Hospital, Barnes Jewish St. Peters Hospital.
Provides support to the Medical Physics Division under the supervision of a Qualified Medical Physicist or trained physicist assistant. Performs Quality Assurance measurements for B-J Radiation Oncology patients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs ionization chamber QA measurements.
- Performs film QA measurements.
- Performs data integrity checks.
- Performs portal imaging fluence measurements.
- Generates reports summarizing results for review by a Qualified Medical Physicist.
- Ensures that the work area complies with Department health procedures with no violations or exceptions.
- Conducts behavior in a professional manner while conducting clinical duties.
- Alerts physics faculty of inoperative or malfunctioning equipment or imminent supply shortages.
- Requires associate's degree; a combination of work and education equaling 4 years may substitute.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
Training in radiation therapy such as intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) quality assurance (QA) techniques is preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $17.23 - $21.55 per hour.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Technician, Radiation Quality Assurance (PRN) - Radiation Oncology Physics Division - 41043
Job ID: 41043
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: On Demand