Washington University of St. Louis Surgical ICU in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology for Washington University School of Medicine staffing Christian Hospital - Northeast. This position is for the community hospital sites. The ICU is a 26 bed unit. The unit divisions include 6 beds designated as the Cardiovascular Unit (CVU), 8 beds designated as the Coronary Care Unit (CCU), 6 beds designated as the Medical Intensive Care (MICU), and 6 beds designated as the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU).
The APP (advanced practice provider) - acute care nurse practitioner (ACNP) or physician assistant (PA), will practice as an independent provider, in collaboration with a critical care physician, within a multidisciplinary critical care ICU team. The environment is challenging and rewarding and allows the APP the opportunity to practice to the fullest extent of their scope of practice.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include obtaining medical histories, performing physical examinations, participating in multidisciplinary rounds, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, designing and implementing plans of care, and performing invasive procedures.
- In this community hospital environment, talents and skills are developed through intellectually stimulating work experiences, ample educational offerings, and other learning venues.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Current Acute Care Nurse Practitioner OR Completion/anticipated completion of an accredited Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program.
- Active Missouri RN license in good standing.
- Current ACLS provider status.
- Recent ICU experience as an RN or ACNP.
*Physician Assistant *
- Current certification as a Physician’s Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants OR completion/anticipated completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Current ACLS provider status.
- Recent critical care experience as a PA or completion of a residency/fellowship in critical care if limited critical care experience.
- Previous ICU experience.
- Holds current certification in patient care field and required specialty.
The hiring range for this position is $78,145 - $109,408 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) position is within the Department of Anesthesiology at Washington University School of Medicine, ranked in the top 10 medical schools by U.S. News & World Report. Clinical services will be provided at Christian Hospital, a 258-bed acute-care hospital in north St. Louis County noted for its excellence in heart services, cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, cancer treatment, behavioral health programs, radiology, urology, pulmonology and radiation oncology.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) or Physician Assistant - Surgical ICU - 39642
Job ID: 39642
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time