Washington University of St. Louis Support Services Counselor - Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention Center (RSVP) - 47702 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. Some night and weekend hours will be necessary to meet students' needs. The ability to work on call is required.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention Center in the department of Student Support & Wellness. The primary office location is in Seigle Hall on the Danforth Campus. The individual in this position must have the ability to travel to on-and off-campus locations.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
The Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention (RSVP) Support Services Counselor will provide inclusive, trauma-informed crisis response services, counseling services, continuity of care and support, education, advocacy, and appropriate resources for undergraduate, graduate and professional students who have been victimized and those impacted by sexual harassment, sexual assault, rape, dating or domestic violence, and stalking.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offer continued care and support, including counseling services, accommodations, education, advocacy in navigating hospital care, insurance concerns, reporting options, and accessing necessary community resources.
- Collaborate with RSVP staff and campus partners to provide outreach and education related to survivor support.
- Supervise graduate practicum students who are doing research, evaluation, program development and graduate advising for the RSVP Center.
- Jointly, with the RSVP Center counseling staff, provide confidential 24/7 crisis response services for the campus community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in psychology or social work with three years of experience working in areas of relationship and sexual violence counseling or support services.
- LCSW, PsyD, licensed psychologist, or similar counseling licensure.
- Counseling experience with college students and trauma.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of trauma informed practices.
- Multicultural and identity based understanding of the intersections and impacts of relationship and sexual violence.
- Strong counseling, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, good judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated self-initiative and ability to do multifaceted work.
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience working with adolescents or traditionally college aged students.
The hiring range for this position is $48,087 - $62,517 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Applicants should provide with their application a letter of interest outlining how their work experience applies to the position.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Support Services Counselor - Relationship and Sexual Violence Prevention Center (RSVP) - 47702
Job ID: 47702
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time