Washington University of St. Louis Supervisor, Clinical Office - Pediatric Neurology - 42182 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatric Neurology. The position is located at the Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position organizes and coordinates the activities of patient services for the Section of Neurologic Rehabilitation in conjunction with the Section Chief and the Director of Clinical Operations. Patient services include the following programs: Stroke Rehabilitation, Traumatic Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Neuropsychology, General Rehabilitation, inpatient/consult and outpatient services. Provides direct supervision and leadership for section administration, patient care services, research/clinical support staff, and residency coordinator.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates a high commitment to excellence in service and quality through interactions with Neurology faculty and staff, referring physicians, patients and their families while aligning with the Department of Neurology’s Mission and Vision.
- Manages and coordinates daily activities/duties of staff to promote excellence in patient care services. These services include, but are not limited to – phone calls, scheduling, precertification/authorizations, transcription services, section paperwork flow and procedures.
- Cover staff during peak times/vacations/illness. Responsible for evaluating performance, approving time sheets, orienting new staff, and advising administration of changes. Maintains job descriptions, conducts interviews for potential new employees, and acts to resolve personnel problems. Responsible for ensuring completion of staff continuing education, in-service, and quality improvement activities, staff programs/skills training, and staff meetings.
- Assists Nurse Administrator with section meetings, projects, assignments, educational activities, and overall quality improvement implementations/solutions. Attends section meetings as assigned by the Section Chief or Nurse Administrator.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Administrator on maintaining clinical and staff policies and procedures in compliance with medical school, state and federal regulatory requirements on an annual basis. Also, collaborates on monitoring section scheduling activities to improve efficiency and to ensure Department clinical expectations are met.
- Demonstrates cost-effective work habits by setting priorities and properly monitoring, ordering, and repairing section supplies. Supervises physical conditions of premises, and assign responsibilities for common activities (mail, filing, clean-up, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Equivalent of high school diploma with 5 years of related experience; if order entry in the electronic medical record is part of the job’s responsibilities, Registered/Certified Medical Assistant or successfully achieve Medical Assistant registration/certification or pass assessment-based recognition (ABR) exam within 6 months of hire date or within a shorter time frame if noted by hiring manager.
- Some college education.
- Medical background in a clinical area and 1-2 years of supervisor experience.
- Ability to understand, organize, and create ex-novo Division-wide processes related to clinical care, administration, and finances.
- Able to develop, implement, and monitor metrics for successful activities.
- Able to organize time, work independently, and manage and supervise staff on a daily to weekly basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and work in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Effective and detailed analytical skills, demonstrate communication, organization, leadership and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $42,494 - $53,144 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Supervisor, Clinical Office - Pediatric Neurology - 42182
Job ID: 42182
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time