Washington University of St. Louis Staff Scientist - Radiology - Optical Imaging Lab - 42599 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology - Optical Imaging Lab. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Optical Radiology Laboratory in the Department of Radiology (ORL) is looking for a highly motivated researcher interested in leading the multimodal imaging projects in the lab. Position reports directly to the Director of the ORL. Key responsibilities include coordinating all imaging projects, including the maintenance of diverse optical imaging instruments, optimizing data acquisition techniques, and use of quantitative methods to analyze data. This position will provide leadership in writing progress reports and organizing and tracking data.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With instructions and discussions with principal investigator, designs, performs, evaluates and reports imaging research projects.
- Designs and performs small animal imaging techniques, with emphasis in optical and multimodal imaging platforms.
- Assists with the optical cancer imaging component of the Siteman Cancer Center’s Small Animal Imaging Core.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting and prepares manuscripts for publication.
- Operates and maintains diverse optical, photoacoustic, and other imaging systems in the laboratory.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintaining required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures that milestones are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Researches and recommends new methods and procedures to maintain or improve current capabilities, quality and standards.
- Tracks progress of projects and milestones.
Master’s degree with 4 years of experience in research lab operations or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 9 years required.
- PhD in physical sciences or engineering.
- Expertise in preclinical imaging and data analysis and quantification.
- Background in medical or molecular imaging.
- Prior leadership roles in project management are advantageous.
- Small animal handling experience.
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Computer literacy including the ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data.
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Scientist - Radiology - Optical Imaging Lab - 42599
Job ID: 42599
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time