Washington University of St. Louis Staff Scientist - Endocrinology, Metabolism & Lipid Research - 50188 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Lipid Research. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is in the lab of Dr. Jeffrey Millman (https://sites.wustl.edu/millmanlab/). The biomedical research laboratory uses human pluripotent stem cells for the study and treatment of diabetes. We have a wide diversity of projects involving stem cell differentiation, genetic engineering with CRISPR, disease modeling, transplantation into animal models of diabetes, biomedical engineering, bioinformatics, and single-cell sequencing technologies. This position assists in developing and conducting research projects, including experimental design, data analysis and documentation of experimental results.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research experiments and assays that involve human embryonic stem cells along with other cell types as needed and animal research.
- Following instructions and discussions with the principal investigator, designs research protocols, including developing procedures for the collection, verification and management of data.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Performs complex statistical analysis of data collected and writes interpretative reports. Verifies the correctness of the data submitted and makes recommendations based on these analyses.
- Documents research topics and prepares and submits papers based on research work to publications and committees for publication or presentation to peers.
- Solves practical problems relating to difficulties with equipment or test subjects. Suggests technical or procedural improvements in testing methods.
- Conducts literature searches related to research project.
Master’s degree with four years of experience in research lab operations or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling nine years.
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data.
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Scientist - Endocrinology, Metabolism & Lipid Research - 50188
Job ID: 50188
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time