SSM Health Social Worker MSW NE in St. Louis, Missouri
Completes social service assessment upon admission while immediately focusing on discharge planning and follow-up care. Group therapy, education, and plan of care will be ongoing throughout the continuum of care. This position participates in a multidisciplinary palliative care team.
- Drives the psychosocial assessment in identified time frame and immediately begins discharge planning upon admission.
- Directs daily group therapy according to the unit/program schedule.
- Coordinates discharge planning arrangements to skilled nursing, residential and rehabilitation facilities, while completing all required documentation.
- Updates relevant patient information within medical record on a daily basis to assist treatment team in coordinating care plan.
- Performs all other duties according to entity policies/procedures as assigned.
Masters Social Work (MSW)
1 to 3 years of experience
- LCSW Preferred
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital –
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit, 190-bed inpatient and outpatient pediatric medical center in St. Louis, MO. We specialize in neonatology, cardiology, pediatric and fetal surgery, and cancer services. We care for children of all ages from St. Louis, Missouri, Illinois and from around the world. We also focus on the overall health of our communities in addition to the health of the children living in them.
Our love for kids just keeps on growing!
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18011768
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (0010) 1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, 63104
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63104
Weekend Rotation: PRN, Varied
Normal work hours: Professional Services
Job: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Organization: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Work Locations: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (0010) 1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, 63104