Washington University of St. Louis Scientific Writer - Bone Marrow Transplant - 49569 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. The position is located at the Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for the oversight and administration of multiple research projects in the Research Team of the Division, including clinical research development, protocol creation, database creation/management, data analysis, manuscript writing, and publication.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grant preparation and writing, including research sections
- Assists the collaborators with the development of scientific and administrative sections of grants.
- Advanced data analysis
- Responsible for independent data analysis of advanced research topics to be presented to the collaborators.
- Design and development of clinical trials within the Research Team
- Assists the collaborators in the design and development of new investigator-initiated clinical trials.
- Preparation and writing of research abstracts and journal articles
- Assists the collaborators with drafting, writing, editing, and galley-proofing of abstracts and article for publication
Master’s degree in an appropriate scientific discipline is required.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Clinical research experience.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications.
- Significant experience with word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, database and the internet.
- Significant experience with statistical programs R, SAS, or Python.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple assignments with various levels of priority.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
The hiring range for this position is $51,292 - $66,684 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Scientific Writer - Bone Marrow Transplant - 49569
Job ID: 49569
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time