Washington University of St. Louis Sanitation Technician, DCM Facilities - Comparative Medicine - 42682 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Comparative Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Sanitize animal research procedure labs and support spaces according to departmental SOPs and in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of Animal Welfare Act and Public Health Service. Stock feed, bedding, and laboratory supplies including personnel protective equipment. Contribute to the quality animal care program that supports the research and teaching at Washington University. This position may require work on weekends and Holidays.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct and document general cleaning and housekeeping of support spaces, and unoccupied holding rooms including washing walls, floors, equipment, air vents, sinks, doors, door frames, in accordance with departmental SOPs and in accordance with guidelines and regulations of the Animal Welfare Act and the Public Health Service.
- Observe and support good health and safety practices regarding the use of chemicals and heavy equipment such as floor machines, pallet jacks, and motorized equipment handling large heavy equipment. Report promptly any equipment problems to supervisor or manager.
- Receive, process, label, and rotate shipments of animal feed, beddings, and other supplies.
- Transport animal cages, water bottles, and feed and bedding supplies within the animal facilities.
- Fill clean animal cages with proper amount of bedding and fill clean water bottles.
- Perform additional duties as required by supervisor/manager/department.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: None at hire; must obtain Purina certification within 6 months
- High School diploma
- After training, ability to properly operate a variety of cleaning, sanitizing and material handling equipment including floor scrubbers and pallet jacks
- A conscientious attitude and concern for quality is a must
- Must have the ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures
The hiring range for this position is $12.25 - $14.03 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pass a physical exam.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Sanitation Technician, DCM Facilities - Comparative Medicine - 42682
Job ID: 42682
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time