Washington University of St. Louis RN Staff Nurse Telehealth Remote (Time Limited) - Employee Health - 48610 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Employee Health. This is a time-limited position to support the COVID-19 pandemic call center with the expected duration of this title to be from six to twelve months.
Provides direct telephonic occupational health care to employees. Uses assessment skills, critical thinking and clinical judgment to ensure the correct level of care. Uses multiple computer applications and works in a fast-paced environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses the nursing process, clinical judgment, and decision support materials to assess employees telephonically. Based on assessment, directs employees to the most appropriate level of care, testing, and determines the need for medical treatment.
- Provides employees direction, education and support including verbal and written instructions. Assesses the employee’s ability to receive education and uses appropriate tools and techniques. Takes initiative to problem solve and demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Documents care and counseling provided utilizing various technologies. Uses various technologies to coordinate care, including multiple software applications, computerized clinical guidelines, and specialized telephone technology.
- Collaborates and interacts professionally with other members of the healthcare team, including occupational health and medical directors. Provides the highest level of customer service to callers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current state of Illinois and/or Missouri RN licensure as applicable by state of work location, in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- One year of related medical experience.
- Skilled and comfortable with various technologies to coordinate care, including multiple software applications, computerized clinical guidelines, and specialized telephone technology.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with ability to recognize and interpret symptoms/conditions and ability to function in new and emergent situations.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills.
The hiring range for this position is $48,880 - $87,880 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: RN Staff Nurse Telehealth Remote (Time Limited) - Employee Health - 48610
Job ID: 48610
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time