Washington University of St. Louis RN Staff Nurse (PRN) - Outpatient Dialysis (Forest Park) - 50452 in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine - Kidney Center located at the Forest Park Kidney Center.
Position provides direct patient care in assigned unit ensuring adequate and appropriate care of patients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises outpatient care staff and performs initiation, monitoring and termination of treatment as needed.
- Completes patient assessment, observes, monitors and responds appropriately to changes in patient condition and receives report from staff members on patients under their care.
- Completes all required documentation including primary nurse responsibilities.
- Reviews patient data and communicates accurate and pertinent information to the charge nurse or physician, charting entries appropriately.
- Performs, verifies and documents water system safety checks per unit policy. Any findings outside the normal range must be reported to the Chief Maintenance Technician.
- Responds to patient and staff concerns in a timely and appropriate manner. Pertinent information is reported to charge nurse or nurse administrator, while maintaining confidentiality per HIPAA guidelines.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current state of Illinois and/or Missouri LPN or RN licensure as applicable by state of work location, in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
For over a century, Washington University's Department of Medicine has maintained a proud tradition of excellence. Its three-part mission of Research, Teaching, and Patient Care has formed an important core which ultimately brings the latest in medical technology and doctors of the highest standard to the patients in our hospitals and clinics. The Department of Medicine has attracted doctors from all over the world.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Forest Park Kidney Center is a 24 station in-center dialysis center with approximately 115 patients dialyzing at the center. The unit operates 3 patient shifts a day and is open Monday through Saturday - 5:30 a.m-7:30 p.m.
Position could work at other Washington University locations.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: RN Staff Nurse (PRN) - Outpatient Dialysis (Forest Park) - 50452
Job ID: 50452
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: On Demand