Washington University of St. Louis RN Research Nurse Coordinator II - Neurology / Movement Disorders - 50443 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. The position is located at the East Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Coordinate the care of patients and clinical research studies in the Movement Disorders Center, Department of Neurology.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruitment of study participants for longitudinal Parkinson disease studies and other movement disorder studies
- Assessing potential participants for eligibility criteria
- Recruiting/Scheduling/Consenting all participants and maintain contacts with participants for retention
- Coordinate research activities for PET and behavioral studies
- Place and manage iv lines for PET scans; manage arterial lines
- Document all research activities
- Assist with lumbar punctures
- Perform clinical assessments & clinical dementia ratings (CDR)
- Perform motor ratings/gait analysis
- Administer radiopharmaceuticals
- Follow up visit coordination including CDR evaluations by phone and interim histories
- Follow up with families of expired participants to obtain interim histories and CDR
- Coordinating other clinical studies as needed
- Perform clinical evaluations, including the use of clinical rating scales
- Handling research medications
- Collecting and handling laboratory tests
- Preparing and maintaining research study related documents (IRB forms, protocols, study budget and contracts)
- Maintaining regulatory protocols
- Handling all Radioactive Drug Research Committee (RDRC) protocols and reporting
- Handling all Human Research Protection Office (HRPO) protocols and reporting
- Handling all Federal Drug Enforcement (FDA) protocols and reporting
- Maintaining PETDAT information for documenting radiopharmaceutical administration
- Assist and manage regulatory information for all RDRC protocols under Dr. Perlmutter’s authorized user authority
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with two years of related nursing or research experience.
- Current state of Illinois and/or Missouri LPN or RN licensure as applicable by state of work location, in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Clinical research certification.
- Two years experience in an academic research setting.
- Working knowledge of computer programs and systems.
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $53,706 - $96,678 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: RN Research Nurse Coordinator II - Neurology / Movement Disorders - 50443
Job ID: 50443
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time