Washington University of St. Louis RN Research Nurse Coordinator II - Medical Oncology - 50175 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. The position is located at the Center for Advanced Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position functions as the lead person on a research project; coordinates study procedures to provide available subjects, consistent with study procedures and techniques and verified documentation. Insures staff providing services mandated by research protocols are in compliance with protocol mandates.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patients; documents, collects data, and assists physicians.
- Ensures lab and data are obtained according to established protocol. Helps Infusion center nurses provide care according to protocol directives.
- Trains and oversees staff assigned to work on the research project.
- Coordinates handling of specimens, administration of clinical trials, collection of source information, and case reporting.
- Prepares/submits event reports in adherence with study procedures, budget, and established guidelines.
- Assists research associates from sponsoring organization, providing study explanations and reports as necessary.
- Takes lead nursing role, in collaboration with pharmacy research coordinators and Chemo staff nurses, in the preparation of chemotherapy order templates ensuring order sets are clear and accurate to all parties and guides staff to provide safe effective patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with two years of related nursing or research experience.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current state of Illinois and/or Missouri LPN or RN licensure as applicable by state of work location, in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Clinical research certification.
- Two years in an academic research setting.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis software.
The hiring range for this position is $53,705 - $96,678 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Please upload the following medical license/certification requirements: MO and/or IL (whichever is applicable)
Any additional license or certifications you may have.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: RN Research Nurse Coordinator II - Medical Oncology - 50175
Job ID: 50175
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time