Washington University of St. Louis RN Research Nurse Coordinator I - Psychiatry - 50414 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. The position is located at the Cortex Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position performs duties associated with the coordination and implementation of research study/projects, data collection, and the management of data generated by study protocols.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works under the principal investigator’s guidance to meet the research objectives of the project.
- Provides direct patient care, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patients; documents, collects data, and assists physicians.
- Works with staff to identify, screen, and enroll study subjects; ensures lab and data are obtained according to established protocol.
- Prepares/submits event reports in adherence with study procedures, budget, and established guidelines.
- Assists research associates from sponsoring organization, providing study explanations and reports as necessary.
- Collects basic health information as required by protocol.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current state of Illinois and/or Missouri LPN or RN licensure as applicable by state of work location, in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- RN, cardiology experience.
- Research experience.
- Mental health care experience desirable.
- Clinical research certification or six months of clinical research experience.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis software.
The hiring range for this position is $48,880 - $87,880 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: RN Research Nurse Coordinator I - Psychiatry - 50414
Job ID: 50414
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time