St. Mary's Good Samaritan RN - Modified Team Plus - 3 Ministries - Critical Care in St. Louis, Missouri
Fulfill your calling at SSM Health.
At SSM Health we know that being a nurse is more than a career, it is a calling. As an SSM Health nurse, you have responsibility to carry on a ministry our founding Sisters set forth more than 144 years ago by offering hope and healing to our patients and when you join our team, our sacred ministry is in your hands. Each one of us brings a special gift to our Mission, what will yours be?
Employees tell us that the environment at SSM Health feels more like a family. Employees are warm and friendly, they enjoy each other’s company, they care for one another and they share a passion for delivering exceptional patient care!
Join our exceptional team!
The Staff Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of SSM Health.
- Creating an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective plans of care and communicating with both patients and their families.
- Serving as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well- coordinated patient care in an acute or clinic setting.
- Making sound decisions in response to changes in condition/response to treatment while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Utilizing the Electronic Health Record to document patient care.
- Effectively coordinating with physicians and team members regarding changes in patient status, symptomatology, results of diagnostic tests and critical test values.
- Demonstrating an attitude that exemplifies SSM values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship and Community.
- Associate's degree in nursing
- Current Missouri RN license
- BLS Certification
Customer Service abilities and effective listening skills
Exceptional critical thinking and the ability to work in a team in a fast paced environment.
Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 pounds.
*SSM Health – *
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.
*Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. *
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health, St. Louis
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health - St. Louis
Work Locations: SSM Health - St. Louis (0130) St. Louis, 63132
Req ID: 18015226