Washington University of St. Louis RN Infusion Nurse I - Medical Oncology (West County) - 47548 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. The position is located at BJH West County.
Position provides direct patient care and education for the outpatient oncology population, including Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) and Hematology patient population. Provides specialized patient care and education for patients receiving treatment according to established procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide exceptional patient care.
- Practices evidence-based nursing practice relevant to general nursing and oncology specific nursing.
- Establishes individualized outcomes measures for each patient’s care.
- Directs and/or provides patient care including medication administration, chemotherapy infusion, procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing standards of practice.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of chemotherapy drugs and supportive care; incorporates knowledge to develop patient-specific plan of care.
- Coordinates care to maximize desirable outcomes, patient satisfaction, and cost effective utilization of available resources.
- Serves as a clinical role model in all interactions with patients, families, visitors, physicians, colleagues, and other staff members.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to ensure appropriate clinical outcomes.
- Understands and reacts effectively to meet needs of patient.
- Accurately and completely documents in a timely manner.
- Provides accurate education to patients and/or family at an appropriate level of understanding regarding their disease process and management of symptoms.
- Demonstrates cost effective work habits by prioritizing and managing supplies and equipment.
- Maintains required HIPAA compliance, skills/competencies and participates in in-services, staff programs, continuing education, and cross-training programs according to established standards and Washington University policies.
- Complies with OSHA, state and federal regulatory sources/standards.
- Demonstrates safe work habits.
- Observes professional service commitments.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current Illinois and/or Missouri RN licensure as applicable by State of work location, in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- BSN with two years of outpatient oncology nursing experience.
- OCN certification.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
The hiring range for this position is $23.50 - $42.25 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: RN Infusion Nurse I - Medical Oncology (West County) - 47548
Job ID: 47548
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time