SSM Health RN - Hospice - Evenings in St. Louis, Missouri
Under general supervision, provides professional nursing care to patients within the home setting which includes assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, delegating and monitoring tasks assigned to other members of the care team in accordance with professional nursing standards. Works in urban or rural areas according to distribution of staff and patients. Responsible for the delivery of age appropriate care for assigned neonatal, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients with a wide variety of medical surgical conditions.
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management, and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- In conjunction with other disciplines, develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family health teaching.
- In coordination with Clinical Supervisor, assures policies, practices and procedures are followed. Meets or exceeds established productivity standard while maintaining quality patient care.
- Performs documentation, including the processing of physician orders, in accordance with Home Care policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgment.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding patient care. Identifies need to change plan(s) of care and facilitates the process using electronic health record as appropriate.
- Obtains authorizations for visits as appropriate, ensures every visit is reimbursed. Contacts payor case managers as appropriate to discuss plan of care and facilitate authorization for plan of care. Performs ongoing chart review on case load with attention to: a) Accurateness of 485, re-certifications, verbal orders for changes in Plan of Care. b) Assuring every visit performed is within assigned frequency. c) Assures that overall documentation supports coverage of service as defined by regulation or payor. Reports to supervisor when needed.
- Completes OASIS documentation timely and accurately with prompt response to supervisors request for corrections.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy with use of electronic health record system.
- Completes annual competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Performs case management & collaborates with other health care providers & delivers results for positive clinical & financial outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- RN Associate's Degree required
- Current MO RN license
- Valid Driver's license
- 1+ years of experience required as an RN
* *Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Acute care experience strongly preferred
- 1+ years of Home Health or Hospice experience strongly preferred
SSM Health at Home –
SSM Health at Home offers highly skilled and experienced caregivers to help patients through difficult times. Services include extended at-home care, help managing pain or special support during terminal illnesses. SSM Health at Home is located in Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18012698
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health at Home Home Health - 1187 Corporate Lake
SSM Health at Home Home Health - 1187 Corporate Lake (0114.2) 1187 Corporate Lake Drive St. Louis, 63132
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63132
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Evenings
Normal work hours: Nursing
Job: SSM Health at Home Home Health - 1187 Corporate Lake
Organization: SSM Health at Home
Work Locations: SSM Health at Home Home Health - 1187 Corporate Lake (0114.2) 1187 Corporate Lake Drive St. Louis, 63132