Washington University of St. Louis RN Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Medical Oncology (South County) - 50375 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. The position is located at Siteman South County.
Position is responsible for coordinating care of patients for a designated service throughout the continuum of care. Serves as a clinical resource in the area of specialty or expertise. May have opportunities to provide after-hours coverage on an as needed basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients. Conveys findings to provider.
- Coordinates patient care, assists providers with entering treatment/therapy plans in EMR, ordering diagnostic testing, conveys findings to provider, coordinates patient appointments, and assists with referrals to outside sources.
- Assists provider with examination, procedures, and other processes related to direct patient care.
- Performs a variety of nursing administrative duties including compliance with environmental safety regulations, infection control standards, and quality assurance.
- Acts as a liaison and team leader by facilitating communication and coordination of care between patients, families, and healthcare team members. Provides appropriate education to patients/families explaining medications, which may include initial chemotherapy teaching, procedures, and ensures continuity of care for patients.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with two years of nursing experience.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Currently licensed in the state of Illinois and/or Missouri RN licensure, as applicable to work location in accordance with the Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- OCN certification.
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice with ability to recognize and interpret symptoms/conditions.
- Ability to function in new/emergent situations.
The hiring range for this position is $53,705 - $96,678 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Please upload the following medical license/certification requirements: MO and/or IL (whichever is applicable)
Any additional license or certifications you may have.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: RN Clinical Nurse Coordinator - Medical Oncology (South County) - 50375
Job ID: 50375
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time