Washington University of St. Louis Residency Coordinator - General Medicine - 50433 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine - Medical Education. The position is located at Wohl Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This role will provide coordination and support as a Residency Coordinator for the Internal Medicine Residency Program in the Division of General Medicine. The Residency Coordinator will function as a liaison between residents, departments, physicians, administration and outside institutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall coordination and project management for the residency program’s Educational Pathways: Mentors in Medicine, C-STAR Research Pathway, Global Health Pathway, Wash U Teaching Physician’s Pathway, and Leadership Pathway.
- Program support for Pathway Directors
- Management of Pathway databases and applicant.cholar portfolios
- Manages the application periods for pathways
- Coordinates and schedules progress interviews
- Maintains Pathway handbook and Coordinator/Staff SOP
- Organizes and schedules didactic sessions
- Handles project-related billing
- Works with Billing Coordinator to ensure proper management of program funds, and submits regular reports to the Director of program/fund budgets/balances.
- Maintains regular communication with Pathway scholars
- Works with Education Manger to maintain accurate information on alumni in the database
- Assists in grant writing
- Coordinates Annual IM Symposium event
- Responsible for ensuring that the Residency Management System New Innovations is utilized to meet program and accreditation standards for program, faculty, and resident evaluations.
- Works directly with the Education Manager to ensure compliance
- Uploads, matches, and assigns evaluations
- Maintains database of evaluations
- Ensures evaluation completion for both faculty and residents
- Assists with division projects and tasks as needed.
- Provides administrative support to assigned faculty members and firms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with residency training programs or in a related field.
- Project management experience.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Spreadsheet & Database Management, Photoshop.
- High level of problem-solving & interpersonal skills.
- Able to function independently.
- Maintains confidentiality and upholds HIPAA requirements.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Residency Coordinator - General Medicine - 50433
Job ID: 50433
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time