Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II - Radiology - 41759 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments including documentation and preparation of materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with Magnetic Resonance (MR) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) research studies, collection of data, set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs processing of imaging data using neuroimaging software toolkits (FreeSurfer, MATLAB, R, SAS, SPSS).
- Prepares tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory conditions.
- Ensures lab and conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance.
Bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and imaging equipment (MR and PET scanners).
- Familiarity with command line interface computer processing (Linux).
- Interests in psychology and/or neuroscience.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience such as RT (radiologic technologist) certification with experience in PET or MRI.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Radiology - 41759
Job ID: 41759
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time