Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II - Pathology/Immunology - Immunobiology - 47659 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pathology & Immunology, Division of Immunobiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position will be working within the Pathology Micro-Injection Core facility assisting with production of mouse models, cryopreservation, reconstitution of frozen samples, and embryo rederivation. Position assists with the technical aspects of the various services offered by the facility and learn new techniques as they are integrated into the service repertoire.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with research studies and performs micro-injections to produce new models requested by Investigators, including documentation of services, preparation of reagents and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Prepares tissue cultures, reagents, etc.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files.
- Performs various cryopreservation techniques and in vitro fertilization.
- Assists with mouse colony, including performing routine colony maintenance, record keeping and performing small animal procedures
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years.
- Experience working with and generating mouse models.
- Experience with cryopreservation techniques.
- Veterinarian technician skills/experience as applicable to working with mice.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Pathology/Immunology - Immunobiology - 47659
Job ID: 47659
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time