Washington University of St. Louis Research Dietetic Assistant (Part-time / Time-limited) - Center for Clinical Studies - 50194 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 24 hours per week. Work hours and scheduled days may be adjusted based on needs of the department and may include weekend hours. This is a time-limited position of up to nine months.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Center for Clinical Studies. The position is located at the Center for Outpatient Health. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provide specialized food service for inpatient and outpatient research participants in accordance with research protocols requiring precision and accuracy, while adhering to food safety standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare (including cooking and/or baking) and serve foods following specified research recipes and procedures.
- Safely use kitchen equipment, food scales, and office supplies.
- Consistently follows food safety/HACCP guidelines in food preparation, handling, and service.
- Prepare food for research studies by weighing all ingredients with accuracy of 0.1 gram.
- Accurately follows recipes, completes mathematical calculations accurately as needed.
- Promptly weigh back and record uneaten/refused food items from packed out or inpatient meals as needed.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures related to food safety including storage, preparation, holding, and service.
- Continuously maintain cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen equipment and facility, adhering to assigned cleaning schedule.
- Closely follow daily worksheet prepared by supervisor. Provide ongoing communication and updates with nutrition supervisor and nursing staff to ensure all patient meals and meal pick-ups are completed.
- Monitor and document temperature of refrigerators and freezers daily.
- Maintain high productivity, seeking new assignments as tasks are completed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to accommodate research protocol requirements or as workload changes.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Experience with food service/food handling.
- ServeSafe certification highly desired. If not currently certified, willing to become certified within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to follow precise verbal/written instructions. Good personal verbal and written communication.
- Organized and able to manage multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy to detail.
- Independent and effective problem-solving skills.
- Positive “can do” attitude, demonstrates flexibility in adjusting to change.
- Show dedication to excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The hiring range for this position is $14.44 - $17.70 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Dietetic Assistant (Part-time / Time-limited) - Center for Clinical Studies - 50194
Job ID: 50194
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time