Washington University of St. Louis Research Data Assistant - Psychiatry - 49493 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Conducts primary or secondary data collection including obtaining blood spot samples per protocol.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travels to medical examiners offices in the St. Louis Metro area and elsewhere to obtain relevant medical, socio-demographic and other diagnostic information.
- Edits, codes and prepares data for uploading into the main database.
- Obtains blood spot samples in accordance with study guidelines.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some experience with obtaining information from medical records would be beneficial.
- Interactive communication skills with ability to work with physicians and patients.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and phlebotomy skills.
- Training regarding handling of blood samples and confidential materials is helpful, but will be provided if not already obtained.
The hiring range for this position is $16.31 - $20.39 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Data Assistant - Psychiatry - 49493
Job ID: 49493
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time