Washington University of St. Louis Research Assistant - Pediatric Critical Care - 49876 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position assists with research studies, experiments, preparation of material and documentation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research experiments and assays, including traditional clinical hemostatic assay platforms, and microfluidic assays.
- Evaluates research results, reporting findings and discussing project outcomes with staff involved; assists with figures and tables for final reports and manuscripts.
- Assists with data capture, digitization, and entry into databases (e.g. REDCap).
- Performs and assists with device QC; coordinates tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Coordinates research project with other institutions and investigators; regularly attends internal team meetings and external collaborative meetings.
- Participates in developing hypotheses to be tested and ways of testing those hypotheses.
- Assists with general supply/equipment orders and lab inventory management, lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs literature research on specified topics.
Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with two to three years of experience in laboratory operations.
Demonstrated ability to implement general laboratory procedures, conduct research, and record findings, with focus on pursuit of advanced education in field.
The hiring range for this position is $15.46 - $20.88 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Assistant - Pediatric Critical Care - 49876
Job ID: 49876
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time