St. Mary's Good Samaritan Registrar - Depaul OB/GYN in St. Louis, Missouri
Create an environment that leads to a positive patient care experience by demonstrating an ability to work and communicate effectively and accurately with people of all ages. Assure accuracy for all business office functions related to demographics, insurance verification, financial counseling and account collections for all patient encounters. Demonstrate effective communication / interpersonal skills, both written and oral. Exercise good judgment and serve as a liaison between patients, physicians and all other participants of the health care team.
- Creates a positive patient care experience by greeting, preparing, exiting and following up with patients for providers according to established competency guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Creates an atmosphere of teamwork by contributing to opportunities to improve employee and customer satisfaction, including self- development, continuing education (personal and technical), and achieving department objectives and passport goals.
- Provides support, both expected and directed, and collaborates with physicians and multi-disciplinary care team(s) for Best Care / Best Results. Assures accuracy of data collection and reporting for Quality Initiatives.
- Maintains accountability for maximizing revenue capture and growth while optimizing cost savings. Communicates opportunities for organizational growth and improvement.
- High School or GED plus accredited medical office related education or a minimum of one year equivalent job experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year ambulatory or physician office experience.
- Proficient in various office products and computer programs.
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 20 lbs.
Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
Standing or walking more than 3 hours a day.
Running to respond to patient emergencies.
Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 3 hours a day.
Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation.
SSM Health -
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health Medical Group Business Office
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Work Locations: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044
Job: Clerical & Customer Service
Req ID: 18016797