Washington University of St. Louis Registered Medical Assistant I - Multispecialty Center - 42666 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Multispecialty Center located on the Medical School Campus.
Position functions as a Medical Assistant to the physician teams for the Medicine Multispecialty Center, prepares and maintains exam rooms, prepares charts, obtains reports and records; assists with patient flow and ensures the overall smooth running of the clinical office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patient Care Duties:
- Interacts directly with patients in clinic setting and completes clinical tasks which may include obtaining vital signs, completion of EKGs, phlebotomy, and verification of medications
- Prepares for office hours by doing tasks such as obtaining charts, scheduling tests, and preparing exam rooms
- Assists with examinations, procedures, and lab tests
- Communication and Documentation:
- Directs patient flow, assists with special procedures/treatments, and completes requisitions
- Routes phone messages, patient questions, and telephone communications to appropriate personnel
- Assists with care coordination by doing tasks outlined under the department guidelines such as calling patients with test results, scheduling appointments, assisting with return calls; scheduling surgeries, diagnostic procedures, and admissions; and monitoring new and return patient contacts, including scheduling of appointments and follow-up appointments
- Completes necessary paperwork and documentation in a timely manner
- If order entry in the electronic medical record is part of the job function, completes requisitions/orders per Washington University guidelines
- Equipment and Supplies:
- Monitors supply inventory, ensuring adequate supplies, equipment, or garments are available and that they comply with regulations
- Cleans and stocks exam rooms and sterilizes as required
- Other Functions:
- Maintains required HIPAA compliance, skills/competencies and participates in in-services, staff programs, continuing education, and cross-training programs according to established standards and Washington University policies
- Complies with OSHA, state and federal regulatory sources/standards
- Participates in quality improvement activities to ensure appropriate clinical outcomes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED; Medical Assistant certification/registration-eligible graduate or be scheduled to graduate from an accredited medical assistant program; substitutions include graduate of an accredited nursing program (such as RN/LPN).
- Must be able to show proof of Medical Assistant registration/certification or complete Medical Assistant registration/certification within 6 months of hire date or within a shorter time frame if noted by hiring manager.
- Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- In addition to being registration/certification eligible, 1 year of related work experience or relevant training in medical field preferred (examples of related medical fields include military medic, emergency medical technicians, Nurse’s Aide, physical therapy and nurse technicians, and certified athletic trainers).
- Electronic medical record experience preferred.
- CPR certification.
The hiring range for this position is $12.86 - $15.68 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
For over a century, Washington University's Department of Medicine has maintained a proud tradition of excellence. Its three-part mission of Research, Teaching, and Patient Care has formed an important core which ultimately brings the latest in medical technology and doctors of the highest standard to the patients in our hospitals and clinics. The Department of Medicine has attracted doctors from all over the world.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Registered Medical Assistant I - Multispecialty Center - 42666
Job ID: 42666
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time