Washington University of St. Louis Radiology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The candidate for this positions will need to have solid training in chemistry/biochemistry, biology, pharmacology, microbiology, and immunology. The candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the Principal Investigator on the design, conduct and reporting of research projects. She/he needs to have strong research capability in gathering, analyzing, and understanding pharmacologic properties of potential imaging agents or therapeutic drugs. She/he should have hands-on experience in pharmacological characterizations of contrast agents or therapeutic drugs for their in vitro and in vivo biological activities to generate IC50, Ki, Kd, and Kon/off values of potential drugs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with PI on the design, conduct and reporting of research projects.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting. May submit grant proposals in rare circumstances with the approval of the PI, Department Head and Dean.
- Prepares and submits research manuscripts for publication.
- Develops hypotheses to be tested and ways of testing it.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintaining required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Manages research project with other institutions and investigators.
- Trains junior scientists for projects as needed.
Requires PhD, M.D. or equivalent terminal degree and at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Solid training in chemistry/biochemistry, biology, pharmacology, microbiology, and immunology.
- Capable of setting up practical screening protocols for new project needs.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard laboratory policies, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form with all levels of personnel and technical publications.
- Must be able to work well independently or as a team member.
The hiring range for this position is $53,830 - $72,675 annually.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Scientist - Radiology - 41563
Job ID: 41563
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time