Washington University of St. Louis Psychologist - Student Health - 48033 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Habif Health & Wellness Center on the Danforth Campus.
Mental Health Services within the Habif Health and Wellness Center at Washington University in St. Louis invites applications for a newly approved position as a clinical staff member with strong generalist skills in the areas of time-limited individual, couples, and group counseling, outreach/consultation, and crisis intervention. The ideal candidate will possess a particular interest and experience providing outreach and counseling services in one or more of the following areas: students of color, LGBTQ students, student athletes, or students struggling with eating concerns.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides a range of clinical services to students including, assessment, individual/couples/group counseling, crisis intervention, and appropriate referral to off-campus resources.
- Consults with members of the university community about the personal and psychological well-being of students.
- Participates in or co-chair university committees as assigned.
- Fulfills administrative responsibilities in the department ie: Staff meetings, case conferences, agency planning
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
- A doctorate in a mental health related field from an APA accredited program and completion of an APA approved internship.
- A license or license eligibility in the state of Missouri is also necessary.
- A proven track record working in a university counseling center setting with service to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
- Demonstrated experience/commitment with diverse individuals/communities from varying sexual orientations, gender identities, and ethnically, racially, and internationally diverse backgrounds.
- Well-developed clinical skills including an interest and demonstrated experience with the provision of various types of group therapy.
- Demonstrated ability to handle spontaneous work demands while undertaking projects that require advanced planning.
- Understanding of how systems have historically disadvantaged underserved populations and a desire to increase the presence, equity, opportunity, and systemic support for the success of these populations.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Applicants should provide a letter of interest with their application outlining how their work experience and skills applies to the position. This letter can be included as the first page of the resume upload.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Psychologist - Student Health - 48033
Job ID: 48033
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time