SSM Health Psychiatric Technician in St. Louis, Missouri
The Psychiatric Technician will provide an exceptional patient care experience under the supervision of the registered nurse. Assists patients with basic care and involves patients in a therapeutic relationship.
- Maintains a safe environment through completion of patient rounds and patient and belongings search.
- Responds to and assists with behavioral emergencies.
- Provides a therapeutic milieu and exceptional patient satisfaction through interaction with patients in an individual or group setting.
- Encourages, assist, and instructs patients in personal hygiene. Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction through active participation at staff meetings and other unit functions and offering assistance to others when needed.
- Recognize and acknowledge physician on their unit rounds, offering assistance as needed in order to provide exceptional physician satisfaction.
- Contributes to the overall financial performance of the unit by timely completion of my duties.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a human service discipline (e.g. social work, counseling, psychology, sociology, public health, education and or health science).
- A minimum of three (3) months to one (1) year experience
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis –
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18008950
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63044
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Nights
Normal work hours: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Job: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Organization: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Work Locations: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044