Washington University of St. Louis Program in Physical Therapy in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. The schedule for this position will be finalized upon hire, however, the work week is Monday through Friday and the position will require flexibility to meet the needs of patients and the clinical practice.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Program in Physical Therapy and is located at the 4444 Forest Park Avenue Clinical Practice on the Medical School Campus.
Oversees daily operations of therapy programs, including direct patient care, clinical quality, regulatory, staff and student education. Assists Division Director of Clinical Practice with oversight and management of therapy services. Clinical responsibilities include providing appropriate assessments and therapy plans to patients and families/caregivers to include education regarding therapy, diagnosis, activities, etc. Participates in the education of patients, families, coworkers, and self. Works to execute responsibilities within a team framework using open communication.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees performance standards and provides annual, performance evaluations of therapy providers. Processes timesheets for therapy providers.
- Works with Division Director to develop staffing plans. Manages recruitment, hiring, promotions, and dismissals of therapy providers.
- Plans space utilization and provider staffing to meet budget requirements and maximize organizational efficiency.
- Assists with the design of integrated systems and processes to support clinical operations. Develops procedures related to operations that enhance quality, efficiency, and patient satisfaction.
- Works with Associate Director of Clinical Practice to develop and implement marketing activities for the practice site.
- Collaborates with Manager of A/R and Special Projects to ensure billing compliance.
- Documentation Oversight: Monitors processes to ensure documentation is timely, thorough and meets all regulatory requirements; Monitors the consistency that therapists provide written communication about patients with referring physicians (e.g. documentation is provided to physicians in a timely manner and with a frequency that is accordance with our clinic policies)
CLINICAL - Provides Efficient and Effective Patient Care:
- Evaluates patients according to medical diagnosis and determines a movement system diagnosis.
- Develops and implements treatment plans based on diagnosis, findings, co-morbidities, patient goals and prognosis.
- Provides appropriate assessments, education and plan of care to patients and families/caregivers; Education will include information regarding, diagnosis, activities, etc. Provides home programs and appropriate community referrals. Facilitates and obtains referrals for necessary services and devices.
- Completes medical record documentation in a clear, concise, accurate and timely manner and ensures accurate and timely charge entry using approved formats in conjunction with therapy supervisor, in compliance with state, federal and intermediary guidelines and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Ensures care is provided under a valid referral from an appropriate referral source and within insurance approval, as indicated and necessary for clinical care of the patient.
- Maintains regular contact with the patients and referring providers regarding patient’s progress or problems. Demonstrates flexibility, team building and active participation in departmental functions in order to promote an efficient and positive work environment. Maintains communication with supervisor related to service needs such as necessary supplies, equipment and clinical training in order to effectively complete assigned duties.
- Attends related departmental meetings, conferences and continuing education courses; Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Carries full patient caseload, ensuring management of patient schedule. Notifies supervisor of schedule openings and concerns with caseload management.
- Adheres to discipline specific State Practice Act and other regulatory agencies. Performs duties in an ethical manner in accordance with discipline specific professional code of conduct.
- This position requires a minimum of a Master’s degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program, or an equivalent of combination of experience and education equaling five to ten years may substitute for this requirement.
- Current licensure to practice as a physical therapist in the state of Missouri.
- Basic Life Support Certification, Level C, or obtains certification within one month of employment.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy degree.
- Five to ten years of progressive leadership or supervisory and clinical experience with four years being in identified outpatient physical therapy practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of physical therapy practice operations and management.
- Good organizational and critical thinking skills, clear and professional verbal and written communication, an ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic clinical setting and work well with all clinic personnel.
Base pay will commensurate with experience and the internal equity of the Program.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Manager, Division of Clinical Practice - Program in Physical Therapy - 42246
Job ID: 42246
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time