Washington University of St. Louis Program in Physical Therapy in St. Louis, Missouri
*This position has an expected start date of September 1, 2018. *
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. The schedule for this position will be finalized upon hire, however, the work week is Monday through Friday and the position will require working 9:00am-6:00pm two days per week and 8:00am-5:00pm three days per week. Flexibility in work schedule is required to meet the needs of patients and the clinical practice.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Program in Physical Therapy. The position is located at 4444 Forest Park Avenue. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides appropriate assessments and therapy plans to patients and families/caregivers, including education regarding therapy, diagnosis, activities, etc. Participates in the education of patients, families, coworkers and self. Works to execute responsibilities within a team framework using open communication. The patient caseload for this position is 90% outpatient neurological, working with a broad population of neuromuscular conditions. The remaining 10% of patient caseload is outpatient orthopedics.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate patients according to medical diagnosis and determine a movement system diagnosis.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on diagnosis, findings, co-morbidities, patient goals and prognosis.
- Complete medical record documentation in a clear, concise, accurate and timely manner and ensures accurate and timely charge entry using approved formats in conjunction with therapy supervisor, in compliance with state, federal and intermediary guidelines and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Ensure care is provided under a valid referral from an appropriate referral source and within insurance approval, as indicated and necessary for clinical care of the patient.
- Provide appropriate assessments, education and plan of care to patients and families/caregivers; Education will include information regarding, diagnosis, activities, etc.
- Maintain regular contact with the patients and referring providers regarding patient’s progress or problems.
- Provide home programs and appropriate community referrals. Facilitate and obtain referrals for necessary services and devices.
- Attend related departmental meetings, conferences and continuing education courses; Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Carries full patient caseload, ensuring management of patient schedule. Notifies supervisor of schedule openings and concerns with caseload management.
- Demonstrate flexibility, team building and active participation in departmental functions in order to promote an efficient and positive work environment.
- Maintain communication with supervisor related to service needs such as necessary supplies, equipment and clinical training in order to effectively complete assigned duties.
- Adhere to discipline specific State Practice Act and other regulatory agencies; Perform duties in an ethical manner in accordance with discipline specific professional code of conduct.
- Masters of Physical Therapy Degree
- Currently licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Missouri as a Physical Therapist;Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree.
- 2+ years' experience.
- Good organizational and critical thinking skills, clear and professional verbal and written communication, an ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic clinical setting and work well with all Program and clinical personnel.
- Experience in vestibular and concussion management is desired.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience and the internal equity of the Program.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinical Practice. Dynamic work environment in which therapists provide 1:1 patient care for a full caseload of patients. Therapists are expected to comply with departmental expectations for timely documentation and communication with patients, referral sources, and insurers. Practice consists of 21 therapy providers, 8 staff, student assistants, and approximately 100 patient visits per day.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Physical Therapist/Clinic Associate - Program in Physical Therapy - 41944
Job ID: 41944
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time