Washington University of St. Louis Program Coordinator - Program Occupational Therapy - 49723 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Program of Occupational Therapy. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides administrative support for the MSOT and OTD fieldwork and OTD capstone experience programs. Responsible for maintenance of Fieldwork and Capstone site agreements, Capstone mentorship agreements, site reservations and assignments, and related prerequisite requirements for student placement in clinical fieldwork rotations and capstone experiences.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contracts and Records Management
- Manage and maintain electronic management system information, database, and records related to Level I and Level II Fieldwork, and Capstone experiences.
- Review and prepare contracts from affiliated sites to ensure compliance with Washington University School of Medicine and Program policies; monitor existing fieldwork contracts and capstone mentorship agreements and renew as indicated through agreement, recommend modifications consulting with the University’s general counsel; maintain and record all contract communications and revisions on database and in files.
- Maintain ongoing communication with affiliated sites to ensure records are up to date, monitor changes in reservation requests or prerequisite requirements. Maintain an ongoing log of communication with sites, mentors, and students.
- Maintain evaluation records of fieldwork and capstone mentor assignments completed by each student; maintain accurate complete files for each fieldwork site and historical fieldwork assignment. Ensure accurate site information, including student prerequisites, is available and accessible by students.
- Forward information regarding job postings, continuing education and alumni information to the OT department marketing personnel.
- Fieldwork Reservations and Assignments
- Assist the AFWCC in securing new affiliation agreements for fieldwork and capstone experiences as needed.
- Secure fieldwork reservations and confirm students for Level I and Level II Fieldwork and capstone experiences as needed with input and oversight from the AFWCC. Assist the AFWCC in securing alternate placements or rotation schedules for students as needed.
- Coordinate the process for fieldwork assignments with the AFWCC and representatives from the contracted electronic data management system as required. Recommend process modifications to the AFWCC as needed to ensure the equity, accuracy and efficiency of the fieldwork placement process.
- Data Reporting
- Maintain communication with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) and state licensure committees to provide records and information for student licensure and certification when needed.
- Provide reports or information to the AFWCC regarding status for reservation availability, status of student placements, updated site information or other data as requested.
- Assist the AFWCC in managing data necessary for monitoring and reporting on the Program’s fieldwork and capstone activities to assure compliance with The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) Standards; secure necessary arrangements for fieldwork and/or capstone site visits and assist the AFWCC in scheduling visits with the site as needed.
Other duties as assigned including back-up for front desk coverage.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Two to four years of related experience.
- Associate or business school degree.
- Five years’ experience in an administrative position.
- Paralegal/legal secretarial experience.
- Experience in a medical, research or educational environment.
- Experience with with grants, marketing, accounting and/or budget management.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Proficiency with Excel and experience working with data management systems.
- Ability to analyze documents, interpret policies, recommend and negotiate fieldwork contractual changes, and recognize issues that would result in potential damages to the University.
- Superior communication skills, including telephone and written correspondence skills.
- Professional demeanor, sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Able to be flexible.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Program Coordinator - Program Occupational Therapy - 49723
Job ID: 49723
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time