Washington University of St. Louis Professional Rater II - Psychiatry - 48702 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. This position will require work on some weekends and evenings.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. The position is located at the CID Research building: 4560 Clayton Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110.
Position provides testing and phlebotomy and services per protocol for patients enrolled in developmental neuroimaging studies involving MRI and EEG assessments of brain function, cognition, emotion, and behaviors such as risk-taking, reward responsiveness, and inhibitory control. Involves administration of diagnostic interviews and personality questionnaires, and phlebotomy (training will be provided).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs laboratory assessments of research participants enrolled in study per protocol including MRI scanning, EEG recording, administration of diagnostic interviews, tests, and questionnaires.
- Performs phlebotomy and testing in accordance with study guidelines.
- Performs participant telephone screening and recruitment.
- Performs data entry and organization, maintains proper documentation and record keeping.
- Performs basic data management, scoring, and analysis using RedCap and SPSS.
- Performs artifact screening and pre-processing of EEG data (training will be provided).
- Prepares and mails information packets for patients enrolled in study.
- Other duties as assigned by the PI or Study Coordinator.
Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or related field plus three years of relevant experience or a combination of work and education equaling seven years may substitute for this requirement.
- Experience in human subject research, including psychological or mental health assessments using tests, diagnostic interviews, and questionnaires.
- Experience with screening and recruiting research participants.
- Good working knowledge of computers (including data management and organization) and general office software (Excel, Word).
- Experience with electronic data management and organization.
- Experience with MRI or EEG testing, data manipulation and analysis skills (e.g. preprocessing of MRI or EEG data), familiarity with statistical software (e.g., SPSS).
- Interactive communication skills with ability to work with child and adult research participants.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of phlebotomy.
- Ability to use PC-based computer systems.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Professional Rater II - Psychiatry - 48702
Job ID: 48702
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time