Washington University of St. Louis Professional Rater I - Psychiatry - 48984 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. This position will require the candidate to work some weekday evenings and weekend hours.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. The position is located in St. Louis, Missouri. Travel is required among participating practices in the St. Louis area.
The Department of Psychiatry at Washington University School of Medicine, Center for Healthy Weight and Wellness, is seeking to hire a full-time Research Data Assessor in the St. Louis, MO area. The candidate will work to implement the study protocol for a multi-site behavioral clinical trial with both child and adult participants. The Research Data Assessor will conduct participant measures and engage in participant recruitment and retention activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement a study protocol
- Complete ongoing training as needed
- Engage in participant recruitment activities
- Administer Informed Consent to participants
- Conduct body measurements – body weight, height
- Administer a series of study surveys to participants
- Engage in activities aimed to retain participants in the study, including regular phone calls
- Schedule participant visits
- Ensure the quality of participant data by employing proper quality control procedures and attention to detail
- Enter participant information into the study’s electronic data capture system with high quality
- Engage in professional and timely communication with participants, staff, and supervisory team
- Complete patient compensation activities as needed
- Attend all scheduled study meetings
- Performs other job duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or pursuing Master’s degree in an appropriate health science field.
- Experience in clinical research with participants.
- Experience with the consenting process and data entry.
- Knowledge in obesity, nutrition and/or healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- Highly motivated.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work with participants (i.e. child and adult) in a non-judgmental approach and to build rapport and trust.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Comfortable working with computer software and study databases.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Professional Rater I - Psychiatry - 48984
Job ID: 48984
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time