Washington University of St. Louis Postdoctoral Research Associate - Neurology - 48827 in St. Louis, Missouri
Post Doc Instructions
Please do not submit an application to this posting. To apply for this postdoctoral research opportunity, follow the directions below in “Applicant Special Instructions”.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
NIH-funded postdoctoral research associate position to investigate task-based and resting-state functional connectivity MRI in Parkinson’s disease. Multiple ongoing studies with comprehensive neuroimaging, neurobiological, and behavioral assessments. Interdisciplinary research team representing cognitive neuroscience, neuropsychology, neurology, and physical therapy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Trains under the supervision of Dr. Meghan Campbell, including (but not limited to):
- Performs data collection, processing, and management.
- Investigates individual-level and group-level fMRI markers of Parkinson’s disease.
- Investigates the relationship of fMRI markers with other clinical and biological data.
- Presents scientific work both inside and outside the University.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Prepares and submits papers on scientific research.
- May also assist with supervision and training of undergraduate/graduate students and research technicians.
- Ph.D. in psychology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering or a related field.
- Experience with fMRI and MATLAB or other programming languages.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/.
Applicant Special Instructions
Applicants should email a CV, statement of research goals, and three letters of reference to Meghan Campbell (email@example.com).
Information on being a postdoc at Washington University in St. Louis can be found at postdoc.wustl.edu/prospective-postdocs.
This position has potential exposure to blood, biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate - Neurology - 48827
Job ID: 48827
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time