Washington University of St. Louis Postdoctoral Research Associate - Medical Oncology - 47867 in St. Louis, Missouri
Post Doc Instructions
Please do not submit an application to this posting. To apply for this postdoctoral research opportunity, follow the directions below in “Applicant Special Instructions”.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Postdoctoral Research Associate Position Open in the Ratner Lab
Area of expertise – Molecular Biology
The Ratner Lab is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to work on human T-cell leukemia virus and adult T cell leukemia lymphoma. See http://oncology.wustl.edu/people/faculty/Ratner/Ratner_Bio.html
In addition to high-quality research facilities, career and professional development training for postdoctoral researchers is provided through the Career Center, Teaching Center, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, and campus groups. Additional information on being a postdoc at Washington University in St. Louis can be found at postdoc.wustl.edu/prospective-postdocs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Trains under the supervision of a faculty mentor including (but not limited to):
- Manages their own project, which should lead to a first author publication.
- Develops proficiency in career skills, including writing, public speaking, networking, and critical evaluation of scientific literature.
- Presents scientific work both inside and outside the University with excellent oral communication skills.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Prepares and submits papers on research with excellent writing skills.
- Designs research experiments.
- Evaluates research findings and reports results.
- Conscientious discharge of his/her research responsibilities.
- Maintain conformity with ethical standards in research.
- Maintain compliance with good laboratory practice including the maintenance of adequate research records.
- Engage in open and timely discussion with his/her mentor regarding possession or distribution of material, reagents, or records belonging to their laboratory and any proposed disclosure of findings or techniques privately or in publications.
- Collegial conduct towards co-trainees, staff members and members of the research group.
- Adherence to all applicable University policies, procedures and regulations. All data, research records and materials and other intellectual property generated in University laboratories remain the property of the University.
Ph.D., M.D. or an equivalent terminal or doctoral degree in molecular biology or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to implement laboratory procedures, conduct research and records findings.
- Experience with in vivo mouse studies, including drug administration, necropsy, venipuncture.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, including transfection; light, fluorescent,and confocal microscopy; and FACS.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, including cloning, sequencing, nucleic acid and protein manipulation and purification, PCR, agarose and acrylamide gel studies, immunoblot.
- Experience in using basic statistical test.
- Experience in biosafety level facility 2 or 3 work.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/.
Applicant Special Instructions
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae via e-mail to Dr. Lee Ratner at email@example.com.
Candidate MUST be willing to follow all university guidelines for COVID-19 safety.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Associate - Medical Oncology - 47867
Job ID: 47867
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time