Washington University of St. Louis Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery (St. Peters) - 50378 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurosurgery. The position is located at Barnes St. Peters.
Position provides healthcare services typically performed by a physician, under the supervision of a physician; conducts complete physicals, provides treatment, and counsels patients; may, in some instances, prescribe medication.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs physical assessments/ examinations.
- Assesses and counsels patients and obtains medical histories.
- Monitors patient's adherence to protocols.
- Collects and records data per research requirements and guidelines.
- Bills for professional services as permitted by the collaborative practice agreement.
- Interprets diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
- Prescribes medication with physical approval.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests.
- Performs therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management.
- Provides physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings and workshops.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objective, quality assurance programs, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Graduate of PA program.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current PA license to practice in the state of Missouri and/or Illinois, as applicable by state of work location, or ability to obtain within 3 months of date of hire. Certain/additional certifications may be necessary based on area of specialty; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Working knowledge of physician assistant theory and practices.
- One to three years of experience.
- Organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
The Department of Neurological Surgery provides comprehensive patient care services, from diagnosis through treatment. In existence since 1919, the Department offers its services at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children's Hospital, both nationally recognized for excellence. Both hospitals are the most technologically advanced in the region, offering patients the latest in diagnosis and treatment.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery (St. Peters) - 50378
Job ID: 50378
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time