SSM Health PHYSICIAN ADVISOR in St. Louis, Missouri
Presence is exceptional care that delivers exceptional outcomes. We would like to invite you to share that gift as our new Physician Advisor at SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital in St. Louis . We are seeking a well renowned* Physician Advisor*who has a proven ability to engage with their medical staff and hospital leadership and who shares our dedication to exceptional care and outcomes. Our ideal candidate would possess the following;
- Solid foundation, knowledge, and/or experience in the areas of utilization management, quality improvement, and patient safety.
- Ideal candidate would have experience with Case Management, Utilization Review, Social Work, Care Coordination and Clinical Documentation.
- Working knowledge of (Hospital) organization & case management operations and administrative standards and policies.
- Ability to build rapport with medical staff and hospital leadership to obtain the buy-in and collaboration necessary to achieve desired outcomes
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital is centrally located in Richmond Heights, a first-ring suburb of St. Louis. St Mary’s is a 525-bed hospital with distinctive capabilities in cardiovascular and open-heart surgery, heart attack care, a chest pain center, advanced stroke care, high-risk pregnancies, fetal surgery, and the latest imaging and outpatient services.
The St. Louis metropolitan area has over 2 million residents, a rich history and wonderful attractions. You'll enjoy the benefits of the Arch, MLB Cardinals and NHL Blues, the St. Louis Symphony, the Fox Theater, the Art Museum, the Science Center, the Botanical Gardens and the Zoo. The area has outstanding public and private schools, and 3 major Universities.
To learn more about our organization’s Mission, more than 24 hospitals, 10,000 providers, and 40,000 professionals visit:
- M.D. or D.O.
- Master’s in Business Administration
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Hold and maintain an unrestricted medical license in the state of Missouri
- Meet the requirements (and become a member) of the Hospital medical staff.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of the EPIC EMR.
- Member of the American College of Physician Advisors (ACPA) preferred.
- Board Certification by the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. (ABQAURP) preferred.
- Physician Advisor Sub-specialty Certification by the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians, Inc. (ABQAURP) preferred.
Req ID: 18012352
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – St. Louis
SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – St. Louis (0100) 6420 Clayton Road St. Louis, 63117
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63117
Call Rotation: Case Management
Normal work hours: Physician
Job: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – St. Louis
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – St. Louis
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, 8 Hour Day
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – St. Louis (0100) 6420 Clayton Road St. Louis, 63117