Washington University of St. Louis Physical Therapist (PRN) - Program Occupational Therapy - 47073 in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on an as needed basis.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Program in Occupational Therapy. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for performing evaluations, establishing goals and planning physical therapy treatment programs for adults with neurological conditions. Position may also assist with clinical program development, evaluation and related performance improvement activities as assigned by Clinical Practice manager. Position is 100% clinical.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers evidence based physical therapy evaluation and treatment services typically offered in the clinic or community, including any follow-up services to insure appropriate outcomes. Assures services are delivered in a safe and effective manner. Plans for 5-10 clinical visits per day. (Ongoing)
- Completes all aspects of clinical documentation including billing and all other assigned documentation. Records evaluations, goals, treatment plan, client response and progressive change in the client’s record according to established protocols and adheres to all departmental and regulatory policies. (Ongoing)
- Confers and collaborates with physicians, other health care practitioners, families and / or caregivers to obtain additional information; suggests revisions in treatment program and coordinates occupational therapy intervention with other care providers. (Ongoing)
- Orients, instructs and directs occupational therapy assistant and occupational therapy students in patient-related activities as assigned.
- Participates in performance / quality improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Requires Physical Therapy degree and previous experience.
- Must be licensed in the state of Missouri and/or Illinois, as applicable by State of work location.
- Master’s degree with two - three years of clinical experience preferred.
- Expected to: apply principles of scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form, including technical instructions.
- Demonstrates current knowledge & application of safety issues particularly as applied to body mechanics.
- Ability to lift 10 pounds from floor to waist and carry 10 pounds for short distances, push and pull occasionally with moderate force; coordinate hand movements to write, type, manipulate folders and client body parts.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interview, counsel, or advise clients/patients and their families and able to perform high level problem solving, negotiation and executive functions.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize and effectively manage a caseload varied patients and use judgment regarding discharge planning, timing of services.
- Must possess computer skills (word processing and basic database manipulation).
- Must be comfortable with an evidence-based practice work environment dedicated to continual improvement and effective change.
The hiring range for this position is $27.15 - $34.62 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Physical Therapist (PRN) - Program Occupational Therapy - 47073
Job ID: 47073
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: On Demand