Express Scripts Pharmacy Technician - Accredo in St. Louis, Missouri
Prepare new and refill prescriptions, and distribute orders. Select and retrieve appropriate medications, verify quantities, and prepare labels for bottles. Send order to Pharmacist for completion and verification for prescription based programs. Select appropriate packing materials. Enclose client specified materials to order and prepare for shipment. Affix shipping label to package and sort by carrier. Replenish workstation supplies such as pill bottles, caps, safety seals and paper. Vary work duties according to business need.
- Select appropriate packing materials.
- Enclose client specified materials to order and prepare for shipment.
- Affix shipping label to package and sort by carrier.
- Prepare and verify new prescription orders, refill orders and distribution orders while maintaining productivity and quality standards.
- Select and retrieve appropriate medications, verify quantities, and prepare labels for bottles.
- Send prescription based orders to Pharmacist for completion and verification.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Clean equipment and replenish workstation supplies such as pill bottles, caps, safety seals and paper.
- May operate, refill and clean the pill counting machine.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 year relevant experience.
- Pharmacy Technician license / certification / registration as required by state laws.
- Basic math skills and general PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet, and email required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills desired.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within dispensing pharmacy helpful.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality.
- Ability to adapt and work collaboratively in a dynamic environment to learn quickly, solve problems, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, production environment.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate peak volume times.
- A willingness and ability to learn internal systems/processes/programs as needed.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran