St. Mary's Good Samaritan Pharmacist in St. Louis, Missouri
*Pharmacist for ensuring safe compounding and dispensing of chemotherapy *
Supports the overall positive patient experience by verifying prescription orders written by physicians and other qualified prescribers and dispensing medications as ordered. Pharmacists monitor medication therapy and supervise the dispensing functions of the technical staff.
- Compounding for SSM Health St. Louis Region
- Chemotherapy preparation
- Extended chemotherapy infusions
- Increase customer satisfaction by providing support and serving as a resource for nurses, physicians and other health care providers medication information and education.
- Ensuring patient safety by appropriateness of medication therapy through medication order verification, chart review, home medication, participation in patient care rounds, patient counseling, and monitoring lab, cultures, etc.
- Contribute to zero medication errors with injury by on-line completion of Near Miss and Occurrence reports.
- Review medication event reports for process improvement opportunities.
- Increase physician satisfaction by providing accurate and safe medication order verification, preparation, and distribution.
- Provide medical information upon request.
- Contributing to overall financial performance by maximizing medication use appropriateness, growth of outpatient infusion services, minimizing non-formulary use and implementing network initiatives.
- As measured by employee satisfaction, collaborates with team members to accomplish department goals and provide exceptional pharmacy service.
- Contributes to future of pharmacy development by serving as a preceptor for students.
BS in Pharmacy or a PharmD
Registration as a Pharmacist by the Missouri Board of Pharmacy
Oral and written communication skills to be able to discuss clinical information
Basic computer skills
- Chemotherapy / Sterile Compounding experience
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis –
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – St. Louis
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – St. Louis
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – St. Louis (0100) 6420 Clayton Road St. Louis, 63117
Job: Professional Services
Req ID: 18012870