Washington University of St. Louis Patient Care Associate II - Center for Clinical Studies - 47924 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are 1:00pm – 9:30pm.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Center for Clinical Studies. The position is located at the Center for Outpatient Health. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Prepares and maintains exam rooms, prepares charts, obtains records/information; assists with patient flow and ensures effective delivery of patient care and service for the clinical office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patient Care
- Interacts directly with patients in clinic setting and completes routine tasks that may include obtaining vital signs, phlebotomy, completion of tests, and verification of medications.
- Communication and Documentation
- Directs the patient flow assisting with various procedures/treatments, and completes various documentation including requisitions.
- Routes phone messages, patient questions to the appropriate personnel.
- Assists with care coordination performing tasks such as calling patients with test results, scheduling, assisting with return calls and admissions; monitors new and returning patient contacts.
- Completes various paperwork.
- Answers basic questions regarding treatments, diagnosis and/or procedures.
- Equipment and Supplies
- Monitors supply inventory, ensures adequate supplies on hand, equipment, or garments are available and that all meets required compliance standards.
- Cleans and stocks exam rooms and sterilizes equipment.
- Maintains required HIPAA compliance, skills/competencies, and participates in in-services, staff programs, continuing education, and cross training programs according to established standards and Washington University policies.
- Complies with OSHA, state and federal regulatory sources/standards.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to ensure appropriate clinical outcomes.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification plus a minimum of one year of related work experience.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Some healthcare training or coursework.
- Three years of related experience.
- Strong phlebotomy skills, ECG knowledge/ familiarity, some computing skills.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to interact with physicians, healthcare providers/workers, patients and those that accompany patients as well as support staff; working knowledge of anatomy and physiology, fundamentals of medical terminology, and experience/knowledge working with electronic medical records.
The hiring range for this position is $14.44 - $17.70 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Patient Care Associate II - Center for Clinical Studies - 47924
Job ID: 47924
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time