Washington University of St. Louis Patient Billing/Services Representative II - Surgery - 50209 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery. The position is located at the Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Obtains insurance information, referral forms and counsels patients on financial assistance when seen in department for services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains insurance information from patients and counsels alternative ways for financial assistance.
- Registers all new patients, assisting with form completion.
- Reviews schedule for new patients, updating when necessary.
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms.
- Explains billing process to patients, answers incoming inquiries from patients and third-party payers.
- Explains billing process to other IBC staff; assists with basic account maintenance activities.
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding the billing process.
- Assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other scheduling duties.
- High school diploma with 3 years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and working knowledge of insurance and financial options.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Patient Billing/Services Representative II - Surgery - 50209
Job ID: 50209
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time