Washington University of St. Louis Patient Billing/Services Representative II (Certified) - Gastrointestinal Center - 47352 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Center for Advanced Medicine, Gastrointestinal Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform all aspects of a scheduler and customer service representative. To ensure accuracy of data entered into the scheduling system including scheduling transactions, mini-registrations, entering demographic and insurance/referral information. Position obtains insurance information, referral forms, and counsels patients on financial assistance when seen in department for services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules, reschedules, cancels, and confirms patient appointments and patient procedures. Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms.
- Registers new patients in the IDX registration system as needed using mini-registration. Obtains complete and accurate demographic and insurance information.
- Ensures appointments are scheduled appropriately in accordance with procedures to include referral and registration processes. Enters referrals, pre-cert and pre-visit testing information in appropriate visit data fields.
- Assists with documenting and maintaining scheduling protocols.
- Serves as a liaison between consumers (staff, patients, healthcare professionals and general public) and advocates the patient’s needs.
- Explains billing process to patients, answers incoming inquiries from patients and third-party payers.
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding the billing process.
- Collects payments and assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other scheduling duties; assists with basic account maintenance activities.
- Completes order entry in the electronic medical record including lab, radiology, and other testing. Completes requisitions/orders per Washington University guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification with three years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- If order entry in the electronic medical record is part of the job’s function/responsibilities, Registered/Certified Medical Assistant or successfully achieve Medical Assistant registration/certification or pass assessment-based recognition (ABR) exam within 6 months of hire date or within a shorter time frame if noted by hiring manager.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and working knowledge of general office equipment and computers.
- Medical Assistant Certification.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Patient Billing/Services Representative II (Certified) - Gastrointestinal Center - 47352
Job ID: 47352
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time