Washington University of St. Louis Patient Billing/Services Representative I - Cardiology - 42557 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology. The position is located at the Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform all aspects of a scheduler and customer service representative. To ensure accuracy of data entered into the scheduling system including scheduling transactions, mini-registration, entering demographic and insurance information. The Patient Services Representative will serve as liaison between consumers (staff, patients, healthcare professionals and general public) and advocates the patients’ needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a liaison between consumers and WUSM; assists consumers in a timely, efficient and courteous manner regarding appointment information, systems, procedures, and resources.
- Processes medical telephone communication; assesses consumers’ needs, takes messages and directs calls as appropriate. Takes any and all necessary steps to facilitate customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize multiple tasks and needs of patients with appropriate supervision.
- Schedules, reschedules, cancels, and confirms patient appointments and patient procedures.
- Checks eligibility using FSC Wizard and manual resources as needed.
- Ensures appointments are scheduled appropriately in accordance with procedures to include referral and registration processes. Enters referral, pre-cert and pre-visit testing information in appropriate visit data fields.
- Obtains complete and accurate demographic and insurance information with each interaction with the patient. This data is used to register new patients and to update existing data for established patients in IDX.
- Communicates and assists with obtaining referrals/pre-certs as needed.
- Serve as back-up for other job functions within the team during peak times, vacations, and illnesses.
- Maintains required skills/competencies and participates in in-services, staff programs, continuing education and cross training programs according to established standards.
- Complies with OSHA, State and Federal regulatory sources/standards.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to ensure appropriate clinical outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements)
- Demonstrated competence in patient appointment/test/procedure scheduling.
- Proven decision-making skills and ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and computers.
- Must have organization and communication skills that require discretion with confidential information.
- 1 year related experience in customer service role.
- Telephone/call center experience preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $12.86 - $15.68 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Patient Billing/Services Representative I - Cardiology - 42557
Job ID: 42557
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time