Washington University of St. Louis Outpatient Dialysis in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. Position hours are 3 days a week, rotating every other Saturday; start time 5:15 a.m.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Medicine - Kidney Center located on the Medical School Campus, Chromalloy American Kidney Center at the Barnes-Jewish Hospital campus location.
Position performs duties related to patient care such as initiating and terminating dialysis treatments, performing phlebotomy, maintaining records and responding to needs of patients that are treated in the outpatient dialysis setting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises patient care staff and performs initiation, monitoring and termination of treatment as needed.
- Completes patient assessment, observes, monitors and responds appropriately to changes in patient condition and receives report from staff members on patients under their care.
- Completes all required documentation including primary nurse responsibilities.
- Reviews patient data and communicates accurate and pertinent information to the charge nurse or physician, charting entries appropriately.
- Performs work according to nursing and facility standards inclusive of safety protocols, following state and facility guidelines.
- Performs, verifies and documents water system safety checks per unit policy. Any findings outside the normal range must be reported to the Chief Maintenance Technician.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with Compact Act.
- Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Previous dialysis experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year medical/surgical nursing experience.
The hiring range for this position is $45,377 - $63,453 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Dialysis Nurse 13 hour shifts Barnes Jewish Hospital campus location
Are you a Registered Nurse with at least 6 month’s direct patient care experience?
Are you a highly skilled dialysis nurse seeking a benefit package that provides dependent tuition assistance? If you enjoy being part of a patient’s story, being a dialysis nurse is for you.
Our patient base comes in often which is difficult and need someone who delivers quality personalized care. Because our staff is comprised of primarily long term employees and chronic patient conditions, the dialysis unit is filled with staff/patients that work more closely... like family.
Work with the latest technology, provide meaningful patient education, relay changes in patient lab work and assessments to renal physicians and provide continuity in care.
Chromalloy American Kidney Center is a 32 station in-center dialysis center with approximately 170 patients dialyzing at the center. The unit operates 3 patient shifts a day and is open Monday through Saturday; 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. We operate 3 (13) hour shift coverage, with a ratio of 1 nurse and 2 techs/8 stations.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Nurse - Outpatient Dialysis- 40904
Job ID: 40904
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time