Washington University of St. Louis Otolaryngology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Otolaryngology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is responsible for answering incoming phone lines, triaging calls as indicated, scheduling patient appointments, verifying of completing patient IDX registration, and rescheduling appointments from bumped schedules.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer and triage incoming department telephone lines.
- Obtain current demographic, insurance and billing information.
- Schedule clinical office visits and ancillary services as needed.
- Assist patient’s status and appointments in IDX system.
- Verify patient status and appointments in IDX system.
- Refer patient billing inquires to appropriate resource regarding insurance and billing issues.
- Provide directions to various clinical locations. Mails patient packets on routine basis.
- Maintain familiarity with insurance companies and their reimbursement policies.
- Initiate all patients’ calls to coordinate schedule changes.
High school diploma with 3 years of experience in billing systems and third-party claims and/or experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
- Strong scheduling knowledge and customer service experience preferred.
- Some technical or business school preferred.
- IDX knowledge a plus.
- Medical terminology.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and working knowledge of insurance and financial options.
The hiring range for this position is $15.54 - $19.05 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Patient Billing/Services Representative II - Otolaryngology - 41540
Job ID: 41540
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time