Washington University of St. Louis Ophthalmology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ophthalmology and works at St Louis Children's Hospital.This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The successful candidate will work in conjunction with an ophthalmologist, and in accordance with established departmental and professional standards. They will follow guidelines and protocols; provide skilled technical support for the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric ocular disorders. The optometrist will perform comprehensive and specialized ophthalmic examinations, interpret, evaluate and communicate test results and prepare recommendations for patient treatment and management. The optometrist will also implement treatment programs, and conduct follow-ups for designated patients. As a teaching institution, they will provide support for the ophthalmology resident training program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats patients including:
- Refractive exams
- Comprehensive exams
- Contact lens fitting and dispensing
- Emergency exams
- Evaluation and management of medical diseases of the eye
- Discusses and interprets findings with patients and suggests appropriate remedy.
- Adheres to established compliance guidelines to include those governing the appropriate coding of patient services and diagnoses.
- Adheres to established quality, safety and hazardous material procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the director of ophthalmology.
Doctor of Optometry is required.
- Pediatric Optometry Experience.
- Licensed in the State of Missouri.
- Working knowledge of current state and federal regulations affecting optometry practice and demonstrated ability to implement standards of accuracy and judgement.
The hiring range for this position is $93,142 - $118,747 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Pediatric Staff Optometrist - Ophthalmology - 41170
Job ID: 41170
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time